Agility is a popular and growing dog sport. Agility is where a dog runs through an obstacle course, while being directed by a handler. Virtually any dog can run agility, big or small. This sport is based on activities that are natural to dogs - running, jumping, going through things such as tunnels, etc. Agility is a great way for both you and your dog to get out together and get some exercise. Here at Stony Creek we offer many different levels of agility classes and whether or not you're interested in competing, you can still come to a weekly class just to get out and have fun with your dog. Agility is also a great confidence builder for your dog. So many shelter dogs or dogs that are just naturally more insecure can gain confidence from taking an agility class. Agility class are held outdoors in the summer and are subjected to the weather! Bring water for both you and your dog!
Be prepared for class:
- Bring a collar, we ask that your dog wears a nylon buckle collar or harness (depending on the breed).
- Bring a leash, we suggest a 6 foot leather or nylon leash, please no retractable leashes. As you get into higher level classes you may use a slip leash.
- Bring a reward for your dog! Either soft and easy to eat treats that your dog really enjoys, or a favorite toy.
- Bring a bowl and some water! The outside classes during the summer get really warm.
- Bring a crate.
- Please pick up after your dog! Please come prepared with pickup bags handy.
- We suggest wearing sensible shoes and attire.